Change the adjectives in brackets into their correct form:
Adjectives or adverbs with or without ‘ly’.
- It was hardly raining when the plane landed. (hard)
- I’ve never won as high as you did. (high)
- After 1906, Cocaine could only be produced illegally (illegal).
- ________, enough, it was not considered to be that dangerous before, (strange).
- He got only two years imprisonment for his delict – I think that’s fair (fair)
- Rewrite the sentences, putting the adverbial in place:
- They had hoped to arrive. (on Friday evening / there / at about 8 o’clock / undoubtedly).
Undoubtedly, they had hoped to arrive there at 8 o’clock on Friday evening.
- The car broke down on the way and could not be repaired until (unfortunately / the next day / lunch – time / however).
However the car broke down on the way and could unfortunately be repaired until the lunch time the next day.